Yard Operative – Newbury, UK
£20,000 - £23,000
25 days holiday, Pension, Discount Car Scheme and Benefits Package.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
We’re looking for Yard Operatives to join our team ASAP. You willl be working in a friendly, busy environment.
The Yard Operative is responsible for general duties, including receiving incoming vehicles into the yard and ensuring the vehicles are received and imaged in line with our company procedures. The completion of work orders associated with vehicles and other operational requirements to satisfy our business requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures vehicles are maintained according to Company standards and customer requirements.
- Provides basic facility maintenance including cleaning, basic repair and yard upkeep.
- Records vehicle information accurately and legibly.
- Operates digital cameras and other basic vehicle documentation and tracking devices.
- Provides excellent customer service as required and directed.
- Maintains a positive and professional attitude.
- Meet time driven deadlines whilst maintaining a high-quality standard of work.
- Follows Health & Safety, and Company guidelines, to maintain a safe and efficient working environment.
- Fork Lift Truck Licence.
- Full Driving License.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent customer service skills and attitude.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Happy to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
We’re part of a big success story.
Our parent company KAR sells 5.1 million vehicles across more than 300 sites.
Here in UK, ADESA is replicating that success. Working with manufacturers, dealers, rental and leasing companies to lead the way in future automotive solutions. Developing innovative software solutions and online technology services.
And while we’re part of a larger organisation, we’re also a close-knit bunch. Our HQ is in Chester – a rapidly developing business hub which is a real focus of growth.
It’s a modern, bright place that’s home to a friendly, dynamic and innovative team. We offer generous benefits; excellent staff provisions such as 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, discount cars, salary sacrifice schemes, competitive pension, free onsite parking, paid volunteer days, various sports and social activities and support for your health and well-being. Our employees are offered the opportunity to grow in a rapidly growing environment. If you have passion and ambition, then we can support this.
All in all, we might be a bit biased – but we think it’s a great place to work.
OUR WORKING VALUES
Our customers depend on us. Establishing close relationships with them means we can anticipate their needs and provide a service that exceeds their expectations.
We do things differently because it’s a better way. An ever-changing industry needs cutting edge technology – we’ve got it, and it’s great for our customers and our employees.
We always strive to do the right thing, whether it’s for a customer or a colleague. We’re human too. So we aren’t always perfect, but we’re willing to fix things if we’re not.
Everyone has a role but we’re all part of the same team. We talk to each other, solve problems together and celebrate success together.