This is a brilliant opportunity to work as part of an exciting technical team based in UK and working with overseas colleagues in the USA/Canada teams who are developing next generation online auctions and web/mobile apps together with enhancements on the current software and stock management systems. They are now seeking a tester to play a key part of close-knit and dynamic team and there will be lots of opportunity to grow your skills.
You will be responsible for writing test cases, test scripts and test scenarios, execution of test cases, scripts, and scenarios, using manual and automated testing tools. Types of testing include system/functional, regression, performance, and load testing. It requires someone with solid technical ability who can implement a testing framework and processes, develop and manage the test environments and tools, and educate the team in the craft of software testing.
Duties and responsibilities
- Understand how testing fits into the overall organisational business objectives.
- Technical ability to understand software architectural design and create an adequate test architecture to support it, understanding the ratio of product construction, code coverage and product maturity.
- Working with software development team and their agile SCRUM process, introduce a testing framework which covers all levels and aspects of product quality from unit testing to UAT.
- Design and implement adequate test environments and tools.
- Implement appropriate metrics to measure performance.
- Work with the program and project managers to define testing scope, risk and schedule for their projects.
- Create and execute test scripts, manual and automated, and capture results.
- Work with the release manager to ensure the product is of required quality prior to release into BAU. Create and manage a functional test plan for introducing different aspects of testing, including but not limited to, functional testing, integration, performance testing, database integrity etc.
- Some white box testing will be required.
- Introduce and implement automated testing, supporting future continuous build processes.
- Excellent communication.
- Knowledge of Scrum / Agile working practices.
- Knowledge of database architecture and design.
- Ability to code software to develop test environments and tools, according to design guidelines and coding standards.
- Commercial experience within the motor industry advantageous.