Dependent on Experience
25 days holiday, Pension Scheme, Discount Car Scheme, Benefits Package and a great working environment.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
Are you interested in working in a very dynamic and exciting environment with top architecture, engineering and product talent? To be a part of a global company who is investing heavily in the development of new software products and next generation products?
ADESA Remarketing Ltd is seeking a Senior Software Developer to join our team in Chester. This key role provides software development for the delivery and execution of ADESA Remarketing Ltd on-premises, cloud and associated web portals. In this role, you will work with experts in a variety of fields and contribute with the software development teams in building digital automotive remarketing products. You will contribute to the development of technical requirements, scope, planning and design to ensure a suitable solution. You will act as a key member of the IT team to ensure timely forward movement of said features. You will contribute as a SME to internal and external documentation. This role will involve working in a dynamic environment and collaborating with team members of different departments, perspectives and backgrounds. The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience with automobile remarketing, microservices, cloud infrastructure, as well as proven experience as a senior software developer.
This role requires a deep understanding of frontend and backend web service development, data integrations, and emerging technologies. In partnership with the Solutions Architect, this role aids in knitting together our technologies and solutions to meet the current and emerging needs of our business partners. This role will also ensure proper alignment with corporate coding standards and industry best practices. This role will actively engage in resource allocation and prioritisation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coach and ensure developers adhere to evolving coding standards, framework best practices, team processes, tool sets and industry development trends
- Evaluate and lead prototyping of technical capabilities from the developer community and emerging technology that would benefit the vision of the organisation
- Inspire and mentor junior technical resources
- Coordinate environment, code promotion and environment refreshes using DevOps methodologies and tools
- Ensure partnership with the Solutions Architect, Information Risk and other corporate resources to ensure product designs are feasible and that implementations align with the organisation’s strategy
- IT Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience in technical roles on software development teams
- Strong understanding and experience with cloud hosted infrastructure services such as Azure and Amazon Web Services for applications
- Strong teamwork, self-management, problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills (active listening, written, and verbal)
- Learning agility - experience learning new business processes and priorities, technical architectures and developments, and companies and work teams
- Passion for delivering new capabilities with a creative startup-like mindset
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum framework
- Experience writing high quality secure code
- Experience in Service API development, REST/JSON, Web API
- Expert in SQL, relational databases and data modeling
We’re part of a big success story.
Our parent company KAR sells 5.1 million vehicles across more than 300 sites.
Here in UK, ADESA is replicating that success. Working with manufacturers, dealers, rental and leasing companies to lead the way in future automotive solutions. Developing innovative software solutions and online technology services.
And while we’re part of a larger organisation, we’re also a close-knit bunch. Our HQ is in Chester – a rapidly developing business hub which is a real focus of growth.
It’s a modern, bright place that’s home to a friendly, dynamic and innovative team. We offer generous benefits; excellent staff provisions such as 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, discount cars, salary sacrifice schemes, competitive pension, free onsite parking, paid volunteer days, various sports and social activities and support for your health and well-being. Our employees are offered the opportunity to grow in a rapidly growing environment. If you have passion and ambition, then we can support this.
All in all, we might be a bit biased – but we think it’s a great place to work.
OUR WORKING VALUES
Our customers depend on us. Establishing close relationships with them means we can anticipate their needs and provide a service that exceeds their expectations.
We do things differently because it’s a better way. An ever-changing industry needs cutting edge technology – we’ve got it, and it’s great for our customers and our employees.
We always strive to do the right thing, whether it’s for a customer or a colleague. We’re human too. So we aren’t always perfect, but we’re willing to fix things if we’re not.
Everyone has a role but we’re all part of the same team. We talk to each other, solve problems together and celebrate success together.