Regional Business Development Manager – Field based (North West)
£30,000 with an OTE of £45,000, depending on experience
Executive benefits including, 25 days holiday + BH, Pension Scheme, Discount Car Scheme, Employe benefits platform.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
ADESA is part of the highly successful KAR group of companies, providing sellers and buyers across the wholesale used vehicle industry with innovative, technology-driven remarketing solutions. ADESA’s unique end-to-end platform ADESA UPSTREAM is already the leading business solution in USA and Canada and is rapidly growing in the UK.
Due to our ongoing success with new vehicle suppliers and fleet companies joining us every week, we are now seeking experienced Field Account Managers to be part of our team providing car, van, franchise dealers and wholesale buyers with a range of ADESA Business Solutions such as ADESA UPSTREAM to buy their vehicles.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- As an integral part of the ADESA Remarketing Sales Team you will be reporting into the National Field Sales Manager. Supported by Internal Sales Executives and Telesales Teams, Vehicles Assessors and Appraisers, Operations and Technical Staff to help provide you and your customers ongoing services.
- As the Account Manager for your territory, your main role will be to visit Dealers and ensure they are buying (and selling) vehicles on our online auction platform or using other ADESA services such as our fixed price solution or managed services.
- You will be required to develop new business by identifying and building relationships with both buyers and sellers’.
- Your targets will be based upon volume sales.
- An energetic self-starter, possessing the ability to work and self-manage, promote our route to buy and sell using initiative, drive and all of the resources at hand to maximise sales performance.
- Incredibly high levels of detail and accuracy with a “right first time” approach with watertight process implementation and with a continuous “finger on the pulse”.
- High levels of integrity concerning approach to the role, team members and customers.
- The ability and confidence to present at board level.
- The desire to provide the best possible levels of service to our customers reacting both positively and efficiently to any information requests.
- A thoughtful decision maker who uses data and experience to define sales strategy.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- The ability to influence others through both self-confidence and thorough planning.
- Keen to establish and develop new relationships with dealers and other fleet vendors.
- Outgoing and energetic with a level-headed temperament and a “can do, will do” positive attitude.
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Tenacious and strong at developing relationships.
- Excellent IT skills including been proficient in Excel and Outlook.
- Reliable and self-driven.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Interest in cars would be useful but not essential.
- Good investigative skills and ability to resolve problems.
- A flexible approach to meet the demands of the business.
- Resourceful and a good decision-maker.
- Professional approach with good presentation skills.
We’re part of a big success story.
Our parent company KAR sells 5.1 million vehicles across more than 300 sites.
Here in UK, ADESA is replicating that success. Working with manufacturers, dealers, rental and leasing companies to lead the way in future automotive solutions. Developing innovative software solutions and online technology services.
And while we’re part of a larger organisation, we’re also a close-knit bunch. Our HQ is in Chester – a rapidly developing business hub which is a real focus of growth.
It’s a modern, bright place that’s home to a friendly, dynamic and innovative team. We offer generous benefits; excellent staff provisions such as 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, discount cars, salary sacrifice schemes, competitive pension, free onsite parking, paid volunteer days, various sports and social activities and support for your health and well-being. Our employees are offered the opportunity to grow in a rapidly growing environment. If you have passion and ambition, then we can support this.
All in all, we might be a bit biased – but we think it’s a great place to work.
OUR WORKING VALUES
Our customers depend on us. Establishing close relationships with them means we can anticipate their needs and provide a service that exceeds their expectations.
We do things differently because it’s a better way. An ever-changing industry needs cutting edge technology – we’ve got it, and it’s great for our customers and our employees.
We always strive to do the right thing, whether it’s for a customer or a colleague. We’re human too. So we aren’t always perfect, but we’re willing to fix things if we’re not.
Everyone has a role but we’re all part of the same team. We talk to each other, solve problems together and celebrate success together.