ADESA UK is now seeking an Operational Project Manager to join the team
Due to the launch of a new AI Appraisal Tool, ADESA is looking to recruit an Operational Project Manager to support a number of new client implementations. You will be working within our Fleet Services Team to deploy new services, onboard new clients and QC the end to end service through an implementation phase. You will also work on a range of Continuous Improvement projects to deliver a more efficient operation.
You will need to have had wider exposure to Project Management outside of Information Technology and will have performed Project Management duties on more operational functions within a business.
This is a great time to join ADESA.
Part of the KAR group in North America who are global leaders in Vehicle Auctions and Online Remarketing. ADESA provides key partner solutions to OEM, large and small dealer groups and leasing companies across UK, Europe and North America. Recent changes to our digital automotive and upstream remarketing products and the launch of our new IVI Inspection products are set to enhance our proposition to our customers.
Duties and responsibilities
- Liaise with new clients to capture business requirements and ensure that these are translated into a set of deliverables.
- Project scheduling and monitoring of project progress.
- Measure project progress and compile into weekly and monthly stakeholder reports. You will be expected to discuss these regularly with the client throughout the implementation phase.
- Review demand and determine resource required to meet objectives.
- Monitor and report on key metrics and performance indicators to enable the accurate and timely monitoring of objectives.
- Be active in identifying problems and propose solutions to address.
Skills and Experience
- Relevant Project Management qualification.
- Experience managing and successfully delivering complex projects.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Experience working with range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Leadership, communication and influencing skills.
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Ability to build a rapport with staff at all levels of the operation.
- Ability to remain focused with a good attention to detail.
- Good at working under pressure, managing your time effectively and solving problems.
- Good team player.
- IT literate: Excel & Word and other Microsoft Products.
- It is preferable that you come from an Automotive or Professional Services background but not essential.
- Any experience of products related to AI or Machine Learning would be a bonus.