HR Assistant – Chester, UK
Dependent on Experience
25 days holiday, Pension Scheme, Discount Car Scheme and Benefits Package.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
Are you interested in working for a fast-growing company at the forefront of the automotive industry? We have an exciting opportunity for a talented HR Assistant who will be a key business role in helping the business achieve its growth plans.
You will be working as part of an existing HR team consisting of the HR Director and a HR Adviser. The HR team is busy, and the role is varied which creates exposure to various areas of HR as well as the business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain HR database and manual personnel records.
- Manage and develop information held on databases.
- Maintain the HR intranet and communications.
- Process starters, leavers and amendments to terms and conditions of employment.
- Draft contracts of employment, offer letters and other documentation and correspondence, as required.
- Recruitment tasks such as drafting job specifications/adverts, shortlisting candidates.
- Managing the learning and development process.
- Providing HR reports and auditing.
- General HR Administration.
- Administration of payroll.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing timescales and priorities.
- Ability and willingness to improve existing working practice.
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the business.
- Ability to complete assignments within timescales given.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Methodical with good planning and organisational skills.
- Confidential attitude.
- HR experience.
- Ideally level 3 CIPD qualified.
We’re part of a big success story.
Our parent company KAR sells 5.1 million vehicles across more than 300 sites.
Here in UK, ADESA is replicating that success. Working with manufacturers, dealers, rental and leasing companies to lead the way in future automotive solutions. Developing innovative software solutions and online technology services.
And while we’re part of a larger organisation, we’re also a close-knit bunch. Our HQ is in Chester – a rapidly developing business hub which is a real focus of growth.
It’s a modern, bright place that’s home to a friendly, dynamic and innovative team. We offer generous benefits; excellent staff provisions such as 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, discount cars, salary sacrifice schemes, competitive pension, free onsite parking, paid volunteer days, various sports and social activities and support for your health and well-being. Our employees are offered the opportunity to grow in a rapidly growing environment. If you have passion and ambition, then we can support this.
All in all, we might be a bit biased – but we think it’s a great place to work.
OUR WORKING VALUES
Our customers depend on us. Establishing close relationships with them means we can anticipate their needs and provide a service that exceeds their expectations.
We do things differently because it’s a better way. An ever-changing industry needs cutting edge technology – we’ve got it, and it’s great for our customers and our employees.
We always strive to do the right thing, whether it’s for a customer or a colleague. We’re human too. So we aren’t always perfect, but we’re willing to fix things if we’re not.
Everyone has a role but we’re all part of the same team. We talk to each other, solve problems together and celebrate success together.