Are you interested in working in a very dynamic and exciting environment with top architecture, engineering and product talent? To be a part of a global company who is investing heavily in the development of new software products and next generation products?
ADESA Remarketing Ltd is seeking 3 x Software Engineers to join our team in Chester. These key roles provided software development for the delivery and execution of ADESA Remarketing Ltd on-premises, cloud and associated web portals. The role will involve working in a dynamic environment and collaborating with team members across international departments, perspectives, and backgrounds. The ideal candidates will have knowledge and experience with, microservices, cloud infrastructure, as well as proven experience as a software developer.
This role requires a deep understanding of frontend and backend web service development, data integrations, and emerging technologies. In partnership with the Solutions Architect, this role aids in knitting together our technologies and solutions to meet the current and emerging needs of our business partners. These roles will also ensure proper alignment with corporate coding standards and industry best practices.
Duties and responsibilities
- To contribute to the development of technical requirements, scope, planning and design to ensure a suitable solution
- To act as a key member of the IT team to ensure projects and deadlines are achieved
- Evaluate and lead prototyping of technical capabilities from the developer community and emerging technology that would benefit the vision of the organization
- Coordinate environment, code promotion and environment refreshes using DevOps methodologies and tools
- Ensure partnership with the Solutions Architect, Information Risk and other corporate resources to ensure product designs are feasible and that implementations align with the organization’s strategy
- Ensure developers adhere to evolving coding standards, framework best practices, team processes, tool sets and industry development trends
- Inspire and mentor junior technical team member
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in technical roles on software development teams
- Strong teamwork, self-management, problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills (active listening, written, and verbal)
- Learning agility - experience learning new business processes and priorities, technical architectures and developments, and companies and work teams
- Passion for delivering new capabilities with a creative startup-like mindset
- Understanding and experience with cloud hosted infrastructure services such as Azure and Amazon Web Services for applications