Are you interested in working in a very dynamic and exciting environment with top architecture, engineering, and product talent? Do you want to be a part of a global company that is investing heavily in the development of new software products and next generation products?
Due to an internal promotion, ADESA Remarketing Ltd is seeking a Lead Software Developer/Scrum Master to join our team in Chester, England. This key role provides software development oversight for the delivery and execution of ADESA Remarketing Ltd on-premises, cloud, and associated web portals. In this role, you will work with experts in a variety of fields and lead the UK software development teams in building digital automotive remarketing products. You will lead the development team to validate technical requirements, scope, dependencies, planning and design to ensure a suitable solution. You will be a key member of the IT management team, ensuring timely forward movement of the feature development pipeline. You will contribute as a subject matter expert to internal and external documentation. This role will involve working in a dynamic environment and collaborating with team members of different departments, perspectives, backgrounds, geographical locations and time zones. The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience with automobile remarketing, .Net development stacks, serverless environments, microservices architecture, as well as proven experience as a senior software developer.
This role requires a deep understanding of frontend and backend web service development, data integrations, and emerging technologies. In partnership with the Technical Architect, this role aids in knitting together our technologies and solutions to meet the current and emerging needs of our business partners. You will also ensure proper alignment with corporate coding standards and industry best practices. This role will actively engage in resource allocation and prioritization.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring the team live agile values and principles and follows the processes and practices that the team agreed they would use and strive for relentless improvement.
- Lead all UK SAFE agile ceremonies, ensuring the teams are aligned, in control and on track. Also contribute to Global SAFE train ceremonies to maintain alignment across scrum teams and business partners.
- Line management of UK team members involving – personal development, coaching, holiday planning and performance.
- Lead the software development team of full-time employees and vendors, and inspire the team to be creative, cross-functional, and effective in our development framework.
- Establish, then coach and ensure developers adhere to security compliance and coding standards, framework best practices, team processes, tool sets and industry development trends
- Evaluate and lead prototyping of technical capabilities from the developer community and emerging technology that would benefit the vision of the organization
- Inspire and mentor junior technical resources
- Coordinate environment, code promotion and environment refreshes using DevOps methodologies and tools
- Ensure partnership with the Technical Architect, Information Risk, and other corporate resources to ensure product designs are feasible and that implementations align with the business strategy
- Contribute to the team as needed, sometimes helping across traditional role boundaries (e.g., occasional development activities, defining system requirements / user stories, or defining and executing our testing / validation strategy)
- 5+ years’ experience in technical roles on software development teams
- Strong teamwork, self-management, problem-solving abilities
- Working within the Agile/SAFe framework
- Background in Microsoft .Net development stacks for legacy applications:
- MVC framework
- REST API development
Skills and Experience
- Experience in the automotive industry
- Experience with the following technologies and standards for our latest products:
- Azure Portal
- AWS Serverless Architecture
- Infrastructure as Code
- Microsoft NAV Dynamics
- Full stack development
- SQL, relational databases, and data modelling